Friday, May 1, 2015

Oh Hey, Friday! 5/1

I turned 29 (ahhh!) on Monday! How am I that old?! :( We had a pig roast/cook-out for my b-day on Sunday with all of our family and friends and had a GREAT time! Everyone got along, the kids all played together well, it was just a great day!



I was in a pretty terrible mood on my actual birthday for some reason, maybe just because it was Monday, lol, but it ended up being a good day as well!



So for my Friday Five, I'm going to list five things I want to accomplish before I turn the big 3-0 next year!



Get my family and myself into a regular routine.
I'm ashamed to admit how NOT in a routine we are. I'd like to develop a normal morning and evening routine for all of us, but mostly for myself! I'd like to get up at the same time every day, have a cup of coffee or whatever, and spend some time reading my Bible. I think it'd really help me get my days off to a better start! I'd also like to establish a better evening routine for the kids and I. It's hard with me working until 6:30 and missing dinner, etc, but with a routine, I think we'd all function a lot better.

Deep clean and declutter our house.
I'm also embarrassed to admit how decluttered our freaking house is. We just have WAY too much stuff and not enough room for it! I want to spend a weekend/week or few and really deep clean and organize everything. I know we have SO much stuff that we need to take to the Goodwill!

Lose 40 (or more!) pounds.
I'm already down 10 - woot! So far I've cut out soda, Starbucks, and fast foods. I've been eating lots of fruits and vegetables, grilled chicken, etc. I need to start exercising though. I want to start walking in the evenings and going to my mom's to hit my brother's heavy bag at least twice a week. I think I might start the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred again as well.

Unplug and spend more time with the kids.
Even though I'm exhausted when I get home and I just want to sit down and watch my Netflix, I want to start unplugging when I get home and spending more time with the kids before they go to bed. There's always after their bedtime to watch Netflix! ha! Seriously though, I spend too much time on my phone instead of playing with my babies - and they're only little once!

Take the kids on a weekend or day trip to DC.
We've gone to the DC Zoo before as a family, but I really want to plan a weekend trip to take the kids to DC and visit the different museums up there. Most of them are free anyway... there's no excuse for us to not make the time to go! I think the kids would have a great time, and I know I would! :)

Any suggestions on other things I should add to my list to accomplish before I'm 30?!

No comments:

Post a Comment