Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning?



"I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran; But I know Jesus and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young; Faith, hope, and love are some good things He gave us; And the greatest is love..."



I'll never forget this image. I'll never forget this day.

I was in high school, and in between classes, had gone to the payphone in the hallway to call my mom at work to ask her something about plans I wanted to make for after school that day, but she thought I was calling her because I had heard about the twin towers being hit. I hadn't heard yet, but she told me the devastating news. I then went to my Spanish class and sat there in shock as our world went on unscathed and class began as normal. Nobody knew yet. Our principal then began going classroom to classroom, taking the teachers out in the hall, and telling them the news. As our Spanish teacher came back in, she was crying and just turned on the news. Everyone started crying, people grabbed their cell phones to call family members. I remember a girl in front of me's uncle worked in the Pentagon (we're only 2 1/2 hours away from DC), and she was freaking out trying to get in touch with him! My mom left work and picked my brother and I both up from school and took us home, where we just sat together, watched the news, and cried.



This day made me even MORE grateful for our REAL heroes... the ones who risk their lives every day to protect us!



Thank you to all of our emergency responders and our soldiers!



Where were you on September 11th? Everyone has their story. What’s yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment