Friday, February 7, 2014

Take Me to the Beach

As most of you know, I live in Virginia. I absolutely love it here and could never see myself living anywhere else. The thing I love most about living here is the fact that we get to experience all four seasons - spring, summer, fall, and winter. I could never live anywhere that it's hot or cold all of the time. I live for those changes! I don't have a favorite season because I love each one, but by the time one is ending, I'm always more than ready for the next to begin!

We've seen lower temperatures this winter than VA had seen in years! I mean, schools have been delayed because of below 0 temperatures even! Craziness! We've had quite a few snow showers, up to a couple of inches, and LOTS of ice (which can be pretty annoying!), but have yet to get a deep snow. I'm still hoping we get a freaking blizzard before winter is over, but I'm also more than ready for warmer weather so we can head to the beach!

Last summer I took the kids on quite a few day trips to VA Beach (it's about 3 hours away from us). My absolute favorite place to visit when we're in Va Beach (and I make a point to go there every single time, even if I'm just browsing), is Half Moon Music. This store is amazing. It just soothes my soul. (Yeah, I'm aware I sound like a hippie, because well, I kinda am! ha!)


(Photo via Half Moon Music on Instagram @halfmoonmusic)

Here's some pictures of Aleah modeling outside of Half Moon last summer :)


Okay, so these pictures REALLY make me miss the beach! C'mon, warmer weather!! :)

What's the weather been like where you live lately?

16 comments:

  1. I live in Missouri where we get to enjoy four seasons too but definitely no beach! Looks like such a neat store and location! Love to pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, great store, and great art on the walls :)
    Makes me miss summer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the beach too :( Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yessss! The beach!! Sitting here in NE Ohio with about 10" of snow on the ground and temps below zero... I NEED the beach ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We live about 6-8 hours from the nearest ocean beach. We took my 3 year old to the beach 2 years ago when she was 18 month old. She still remembers it, and asks me at least once a day if we can go right now, lol. I'm thinking a mini vacation to the beach is in order this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We moved to Indiana 6 months ago and I was looking forward to experiencing all the seasons. I've now been through summer, fall, and winter... and I'm done. There's no place like home, I've discovered. And while fall is beautiful here, winter has been difficult, at best. We're weeks away from going back to CA and all I can think is... BEACH! LOL Long story short, I totally get ya. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in Montana now, but I grew up in the Coast Guard. I miss the water. I especially love the Oregon Coast. It has been down to -35 F below here this week! I'd rather be anywhere else today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I miss the beach too! Thanks for sharing a bit of warm! I'm tired of this polar vortex crap! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in Hawaii. It's been pretty rainy lately, and believe it or not, last week we got a lot of SNOW on the mountain! There's one side of the island that's almost always sunny, so if I get tired of the rain, I drive to the sunny beach!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You all looked like you had so much fun :) I miss the beach too. I can't wait for it to be beach weather. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness what I would give to visit the beach right now... Virginia Beach looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute pictures. I am so sick of this snow already.

    Michelle F.

    ReplyDelete
  13. At the moment, I am living in Oman. Temperatures are hot for most of the year. Even in winter when temperatures lower it is still not cold. I am from Canada where we get all four seasons as well. I really love each season as well and miss seeing the changes that each one brings. I enjoyed looking at your beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing-looking store! I totally understand the concept of something just soothing the soul. I love old-school music stores! Well, I know most of them carry the latest artists and music formats, but independently owned brick-and-mortar music stores are so few and far between nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, and the weather here? COLD. Not nearly as cold as it is in some places, but more than cold enough for me. And we don't even have any pretty snow to look at :(

    I love all the seasons, but I could totally do with a one-month winter! The seasons this far south are usually "almost summer," "summer,' "still summer" and "Christmas." I am used to those seasons and like it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aleah is a natural as a model and should do more of it. As for the beach, I'm ready for summer and quite tired of all the snow around me... Ugh!

    ReplyDelete