Friday, July 19, 2013

Weekend Getaway!

The hubs and I were in serious need of some "us" time, so my mom kept the kids the other weekend and we hit the road!

We went to the Bass Pro Shops in Richmond first and spent a good few hours in there. We love that place! We had lunch at the Islamorada Fish Company that's in Bass Pro Shops. We ate fried alligator! It was SO good!!


Then we went and checked in to our hotel in Richmond, then headed to the Short Pump Mall to shop 'til we dropped! After shopping, we went to Dave & Buster's for dinner! The food was actually pretty terrible, but the drinks were good and the games were fun! lol!


The next day we went to VA Beach and hung out on the beach for awhile and did some shopping on the strip. We had lunch at the 21st Street Seafood Company - best crab cake sandwich I've ever had!!


Then we headed for my favorite part... deep sea fishing! I'd never been before and was really worried I'd get seasick, but I didn't! I had a blast!!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great trip! It's fun to get away with just the two of you sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you enjoyed deep sea fishing. My husband would love to do that and I know eventually I will be talked/guilted into it. Maybe it won't be that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great little get away. I've never been to a Bass shop. It sounds fun. I'd have been scared on the boat. You sound like quite the adventurer

    ReplyDelete